Thursday, April 30, 2009

Departure

Sunday the 26th was my last day in Sydney. I had an early afternoon flight which still gave me plenty of time to relax by the harbor and enjoy the sunshine.

I had a very nice breakfast which was only marred by a very aggressive seagull actually taking a piece of garlic bread right off my plate. Funnily enough there was a sign right by where I was sitting that cautioned against exactly that (unfortunately I did not take a picture of it). I would have far preferred to have my food stolen by an aggressive koala...

I walked back to my hotel through the botanical gardens which gave a different view of the city skyline. Here's the best of that series.

I saw a strange bird on the grounds. It looked interesting.

Still would have been better to find a koala in the last moments of the trip...

In any event it was then time to go to the airport. I loved my time in Sydney and hope to come back some day during the summer and see the beach scene properly. It is certainly one of the most relaxing cities I have ever visited.

I have another trip planned for next week, so please check back then!

No comments: