Saturday, June 28, 2008

Bangin' Choons

I made it yesterday to Lake Tahoe and it was an amazing run.

There are tons of pictures I need to go through in order to provide chronological continuity (remember we're only up to Sunday in the timeline), but I wanted to provide some other updates. I thought I'd answer one of the most pressing questions you might have - what music do I listen to on this trip?

So firstly, I want to describe the music setup. The little RV a 6 disc CD changer and an SD card reader for which I have 4 x 1gb SD cards. I had tried to get an iPod connector for the stereo which would have been perfect. However, the designers of the stereo decided that the iPod connector would simply replace the changer and the first 6 playlists would be treated as extended CDs and tracks would only be listed as Track 1, Track 2, etc. Also, it didn't properly work so it was removed.

Here's what I currently have:
CD changer:
Universal Religion - Armin Van Buuren
Search for Sunrise vol 6 - DJ Tiesto
Nanya - DJ Tiesto

SD cards:
DJ Rekka's multi-hour set at Cain in The Cove at Atlantis
Classic trance music from Gatecrasher Classics
Aggressive 90's hip hop from various artists

All of the above are truly excellent. I must mention two standout tracks:
"Bow Down" by Ice Cube. One of my favorites, I made sure to play it when I got onto I-40 in Memphis crossing into Arkansas just to properly time the line '... west side of the Mississippi'
"When the Rush Comes" by Motorcycle. This is the Nomad Anthem - 'Traveling somewhere, could be anywhere...' Absolutely brilliant.

After 100 hours in the car I'm bored to tears of all of the above.

I'm going to have to hit a mall or download some stuff from Amazon or eMusic or something to replenish the supply. Perhaps when Mrs. Nomad comes next week she'll bring some new beats.

Any suggestions dear readers for proper roadtrip music? Assume CCR is already on the list.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Not sure if it will suit your musical accoutrement, but whenever I am down south (preferably driving a sub-$2000 BMW), I always ALWAYS bring along a copy of The Best of Taj Mahal. I can upload the MP3s if you'd like. Nothing like singing along to Statesboro Blues to make a driving trip right. Also, the blogroxors.

Fervent Nomad said...

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the tip, I'll check them out!