Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Kessel run part 4

The rest of the journey after Childress was simple. The weather improved dramatically after about an hour, and I got onto I-40 which is a major highway and it was very straightforward thereafter.

I was grateful to see signs of imminent civilization:

More importantly, the landscape started to resemble what I was looking for on this trip, the beauty of the American Southwest:










Oh, and to conclude the Kessel shortcut saved me 2 hours of the trip, so it was worth it!

3 comments:

vladman said...

Glad to see you made it out of Childress with all your limbs and head still in their proper respective places! Love the pics!

Unknown said...

now you have junior do you have room for the "glitterstim spice'?

Agile Nomad said...

We dumped the glitterstim at the first sign of trouble. I suspect that I may end up spending some time chilled out...