Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Childress, TX (Kessel run part 3)

To recap, the sales lady had described the optimal run from Dallas to Santa Fe as taking Rte 114 to 287 and then to 40. She had one caveat though, which is not to drive at night, because a) there are lots of animals on the road and b) you go through the town of Childress which apparently is where the Texas Chainsaw Massacre had occurred. She described the people of the town as being a bit creepy.

So you can appreciate my consternation when I realized that I would in fact be going through the town. Furthermore, I would most likely to have to make a pit stop either for myself or my car (or both).

Objectively of course there is nothing more to worry about in Childress than in any other town (or city) that has a story. Nonetheless, when I was making my own pit stop I could almost hear the chainsaws being fired up...


1 comment:

vladman said...

LOL! On to part 4...